Is it meaningful to go to university?


Is there any meaning when I go to university now?

With that in mind, my sense of inferiority deepened.

I thought that books were enough for studying.

Perhaps I just wanted a diploma after all.


***


I got a job when I graduated from high school.

I couldn't afford to go to university economically, and I didn't have the guts to do a working student, so I decided by passivity.

At that time, my heart was eager to earn money as soon as possible.


When I went out into society, I realized that my status changed depending on my educational background.

My colleague, who noticed it early on, began studying there and entered university.

I thought I would do that at first, but I quickly quit.

I'm no longer attracted to studying for exams or studying at university.

If I spend my time on a diploma, I decided to spend it on what I really want to do.


Then I started studying computers.

But when I tried, I wanted something that proved my ability.

There were two methods I came up with at the time, one was to launch free software, and the other was to qualify.

I chose to qualify because I felt it was too time-consuming to do both.


One thing I thought about when I got a qualification was that it would work to some extent in the society of educational background.

The signaling is fantastic!

The evaluation was higher than I expected, so I went on to qualify.

After getting a certain degree of qualification, I no longer have the qualification I want to obtain.

And I turned to university.

At that time, the only value to the university was the qualification of a bachelor's degree.


I could only go to an online university because I had a job, but I learned a lot more than I expected, and I regretted that I didn't go there immediately after graduating from high school.

However, I think I didn't study when I went there...


Although I learned a lot from studying at university, I have rarely gained in-depth knowledge of my specialty, the IT field.

The only thing I knew was the name.

Well, I don't deny it, because just knowing its name can be useful.


From the perspective of improving workability, we have found that there is nothing better than on-site.

To be honest, I think that graduating from high school and getting into society made me an excellent choice.

Fortunately, I have various IT-related qualifications. Even if you don't go to university, you don't have to worry about work if you have qualifications and experience.


***


I've spent a lot of time in university, wasting time, making excuses for myself.

However, I didn't have confidence in myself, and I took on the challenge by qualifying.

The signaling was high when I got a qualification, and I was evaluated more than my ability.

I tried to get more and more qualified, but eventually, I couldn't overcome the inferiority of being a high school graduate, so I went to university.


My university is a tranquilizer.

Because I still go there.

Now I am studying multivariate analysis and things that have nothing to do with my work.

I feel that the goodness of the original academic field can be seen when I realize the real value of a university that does not aim for the signaling.


Today's theme is from The Elephant in the Brain, Chapters 13, Education.


Japanese

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Improve your sensitivity to numbers

Make your goals concrete

If not done, no plan can be made (PDCA to DCAP)