Everyone is showing off


Don't show it off to others.

I was taught that when I was a kid, and when I was asked to buy a new one, I brag about it, and it was taken and destroyed.

I want to say that I'm not showing off to other people, but it seems that I'm always doing show-offs.

This is really a shock.


Chapter 9 "Conversation"

I like to talk to people, but when asked why I like it, I can't reply immediately, but if you think about it, it may be fun because you may discover something new in the conversation.


Having discoveries means that the person you are talking to has provided some information.

When you say so, I also provide some information.

I never thought that it would have a show-off effect.


Do not show off because it gives a bad impression.

However, while saying that they are offering information in everyday conversation, it is actually a show-off.


Well, I want to talk to people when I get the knowledge and new information I got from a new book.

Speaking of a show-off, I thought it was some childish behavior, but I did not change much.


Chapter 10, "Consumption"

I often used to show off by buying things when I was a kid, but I don't think there is anything openly done after I became an adult.

I don't have the habit of buying high-cost positional goods, and I have an only regular income, so I'm aware that it's not something I can do my best.


Chapter 11 "Art"

You don't spend money or time on art.

I think it's just not interested.

Among the strengths of VIA, "Appreciation of Beauty & Excellence" is the lowest 24th place.

If you have too much money and find it difficult to use it, you may spend money on art.


Chapter 12, "Charity"

I don't do much charity.

I donate only a small amount of money.

However, I didn't think that charity would even have a show-off effect.

Showing off charity is hypocritical, and I don't like it.

Well, this is also a sign that people are more or fewer hypocrites.


Conclusion

After all, we are secretly showing off without being aware of it.

I tended to feel hypocrisy about charity and tend to avoid it, but if everything is more or less predicated on showing off, I don't have to hesitate.

Perhaps I was a little too concerned about the eyes around me.


Today's theme is from The Elephant in the Brain, Chapters 9 to 12.


Japanese

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Improve your sensitivity to numbers

If not done, no plan can be made (PDCA to DCAP)

Make your goals concrete