Translated books rely on Alexa



Yesterday we talked about restoring my reading habits.
And I started to make a habit immediately, but it is difficult to remember it if I read it by Ear-reading, so I am trying this time,

Kindle + Alexa 1.5 times read aloud.

While looking at the Kindle screen, Alexa reads it aloud.
The most significant advantage of this is that you can read it quickly.
I am slow to read, and it takes about 1 minute per page to read regularly.
If you read Alexa 1.5 times, you can read one page in about 40 seconds, depending on the number of characters.
If I get used to it a little, I think I can read double as much.
If you double it, you can get one page in about 30 seconds, so you can finish reading in two and a half hours with a 300-page book.
By the way, Alexa is currently up to double speed specifications.

Alexa reading is easy to hear because it speaks relatively fluently, but there are some difficulties, such as stopping at the figure.
It's okay if you get used to this problem, but I hope we can improve it as soon as possible.
Also, if you read it by Ear-reading, it will be difficult to listen due to misreading, but if you also use the Kindle screen, you do not have to worry.
And above all, the effect is

The translation will be easier to read.

Recently, I read the book "Antifragile" and "Skin in the Game" written by Nassim Nicholas Taleb, famous for The Black Swan, but the translation is hard to read when I follow the letters, so I stopped reading on the way. I think there are people.

Alexa helps solve this problem.
Let Alexa do the work of chasing this character, and people follow the story while looking at the Kindle.
By doing this, even if you don't like translation books like me, you can read them easily.

I heard this method from a friend before and thought that I would try it someday, but when I read Daniel Kahnemann's "Thinking, Fast and Slow" in January this year, I was worried that it would not progress at all, remembering this method, I tried it, and it was easy to read.
I was wondering what the worries I had so far.

This method works just for ear reading, but if you don't like it for Ear- reading, I recommend reading while looking at the Kindle screen.
Alexa also syncs with Kindle pages, which is also useful.



コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

Improve your sensitivity to numbers

If not done, no plan can be made (PDCA to DCAP)

Make your goals concrete